World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Boroșneu Mare

Article Id: WHEBN0011975016
Reproduction Date:

Title: Boroșneu Mare  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Let, Valea Mică, List of local administrative units of Romania
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Boroșneu Mare

Boroşneu Mare
Nagyborosnyó
Commune

Location of Boroşneu Mare

Coordinates: 45°49′0″N 26°0′0″E / 45.81667°N 26.00000°E / 45.81667; 26.00000Coordinates: 45°49′0″N 26°0′0″E / 45.81667°N 26.00000°E / 45.81667; 26.00000

Country  Romania
County Covasna County
Status Commune
Government
 • Mayor László Bartha (Democratic Union of Hungarians in Romania)
Population (2011)
 • Total 3,074
Time zone EET (UTC+2)
 • Summer (DST) EEST (UTC+3)

Boroşneu Mare (Romanian: Boroşneu Mare; Hungarian: Nagyborosnyó) is a commune in Covasna County, Romania composed of six villages:

  • Boroşneu Mare
  • Boroşneu Mic / Kisborosnyó
  • Dobolii de Sus / Feldoboly
  • Leţ / Lécfalva
  • Ţufalău / Cófalva
  • Valea Mică / Kispatak

Demographics

The commune has an absolute Székely Hungarian majority. According to the 2002 Census it had a population of 3,074 of whom 95.48% or 2,935 were Hungarian.

Leţ

Leţ village, which lies on the Dalnic River, had 650 people in 2002, of whom 557 were Székely. It was settled during the Stone Age. Evidence of multicoloured painting has been found which exhibits strong Bulgarian traits.[1] The village was first mentioned in a document of 1333, when it was destroyed by the Mongols. It is the site of the Diet of Lécfalva (25 October 1600), notable for being the first time the word "Unitarian" was used.[2] In 1960, the local manor was demolished.

References

ar:بوروشنيو ماري

eo:Boroșneu Mare it:Boroşneu Mare hu:Nagyborosnyó pt:Boroşneu Mare ro:Boroșneu Mare, Covasna uk:Борошнеу-Маре vi:Borosneu Mare vo:Boroşneu Mare

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.